Yesterday’s storm brought enough snow that the Park’s Tote Road is now accessible by snowmobile.
- The Tote Road is the only place in the park where snowmobiles are allowed. DO NOT FOLLOW snowmobiles tracks that lead off the TOTE ROAD.
- The speed limit is a maximum of 20 MPH throughout the entire park. The Tote Road is a shared trail used by snowmobiles, hikers, skiers, and bicyclists.
- The Tote Road is not groomed, and you may encounter fallen trees, washouts, and iced-over areas.
- Snowmobilers are required to sign in and out of the Park using the registers located at Togue Pond and Matagamon Gates.
- There are no services for snowmobiles in the Park- no gas, no food, no trash receptacles. The Park is a wilderness area and requires that you carry all you need in and all trash out.
- Snowmobiles may be used on the Tote road to reach, or get closer to, trailheads and campgrounds; the Tote Road is not managed as a recreational snowmobile route.